Disney Photopass – What is it?
The Disney Photopass is a photography service offered at the Disney World & Disneyland Theme Parks, Water Parks, as well as at some Deluxe Hotels & Downtown Disney. When you go to any of the theme parks you will find photographers with the characters and placed in specific spots. The photographers will take your photo and give you a Disney Photopass card. This card is free and has a unique serial number. You can then use the Disney Photopass card to purchase the pictures either at the parks or online. The photographers are stationed all around Disney World. Some of the Disney Photopass Photographers will set you up for family pose’s and some will put you in special poses, so when you buy the Disney Photopass pictures at home your holding Simba or about to fly away since your holding balloons. Make sure you buy this before you take your trip, as there is a discount. See the bottom of the page for a link to get it.
How does the Disney Photopass work?
Just look for a photographer, once they take your picture make sure you get a Disney Photopass card. Now, anytime you see a photographer you get your photo taken and they will use the card and add the photos to it. Now, for the whole trip, make sure you get your photo taken and you give the photographer the card.
A Few Disney Photopass Tips
1. Take a Picture of the Serial number – that way if you lose the Disney Photopass card, you can still get the images. You can have multiple cards. When we get home sometimes we have more than five especially if we travel with family and split up.
2. The Disney Photopass photographers will take a picture with your camera as well, just ask.
3. The Water park Photopass is smaller and has an elastic band that can be worn around the wrist. We Loved this Disney Photopass as we could take it anywhere and it was a constant reminder to get more pictures.
4. If you pre-buy the Disney Photopass CD, all cards from a trip can be added to it. There is no limit.
5. If you do a Disney Character meal, Disney will take a special photo with the character and you. You can buy these pictures, then add them to your card as well. The photographers that do this are amazing, and they will use your camera as well.
6. The Water Park photographers will be in the Lazy River as well as the wave pools.
Disney Photopass – At Home
Once you get home, you can register at http://www.disneyphotopass.com. You then will enter the ID numbers of all cards and add to your Disney Photopass account. Now you can place the photos on a CD or use it to buy t-shirts, mugs, etc. The CD will come with a disclaimer, so you can get the images printed at any printer.
So, how do you find Disney Photopass photographers?
Here is a Disney Photopass Photographer map. You can print this and take it with you. Make sure you get pictures at everyone, to get your money’s worth.
So, is this service worth it? The cost is high, but sometimes its nice to get the whole family in the photo. I know generally, as the photographer in the family, you may never know I went to Disney World with the family, without the proof of a Photopass. Its also extremely useful at the water parks since you probably wont take your D-SLR into the water. The Disney Photopass wont take pictures of many of the other cool spots, so don’t expect a photographer to follow you around. You should decide if the Disney Photopass service is worth it to you. For me, I dont know if ill buy it for my next trip. However, seeing as I have a new son and he wont remember I was there, it will be nice for me to be in a picture or two.
What do you think of the Disney Photopass? Is it worth the cost?
Pre-order your Disney Photopass and save $50! It costs only $119.95.
Disney has just released the new Disney Photopass+. This does cost more ($199, and what you will get with the Disney Photopass+ is copies from Attractions and Character Dining Restaurants. The Disney Photopass+ can only be purchased in the parks, and it can be upgraded from what you paid for the Pre-Order. However, there is no advantage to pre-ordering as you just pay the difference for the Disney Photopass+.
Disney Photopass+ Participating Attractions: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Disney Photopass+ Participating Character Dining Locations: 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, Ohana (Breakfast only), Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast & Lunch)