Disneyland Special Events
Disneyland doesn’t have anywhere near the number of special events that you will find when you go to Disney World. The Disneyland Special Events also may not impact the crowd levels as much as the events do in Florida. Let’s look at the two Disneyland Special Events that do happen in Anaheim.
Disneyland for Halloween – Spending Halloween at Disneyland is great. They decorate the area for it really well.
- This is available September 14 through October 31, 2012
- The biggest treat is when the Haunted Mansion is converted in to be a mash-up which includes The Nightmare Before Christmas. The way they decorate it every year changes a bit, so it’s great to see what Disney came up with. You will also find this stays all throughout December. This is referred to as Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Disney will also redecorate Space Mountain for Halloween turning it into Ghost Galaxy. There will be new sights and sounds as you ride.
- There is a trick-or-treat party like at Disney World which does require a separate ticket.
- You can dress up, but they wont allow adults to go as Disney Characters.
Disneyland Special Events – Christmas
Disneyland at Christmas – This is a great time to go to Disneyland as the decorations are amazing and it is a lot of fun.
- This is available November and December 2012
- It’s a Small World Holiday – This ride is great at this time of year. The outside has an amazing number of lights which transforms it. On the inside you will find it redecorated with the holidays in mind.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade – With Santa and a lot of the Disney characters.
- You can also meet Santa in Frontierland.
- Disneyland is open Christmas day.
- Make sure you check out out Disneyland Special Events guide for Disneyland at Christmas for more events.
Disneyland Special Events – Food and Wine
I do miss the Food and Wine Festival that used to happen in Disney’s California Adventure. Maybe they will bring in back in the future.