When traveling to California and doing a stay at Disneyland there are many things that you can do to save money. One great thing about Disneyland is the proximity to stuff outside the parks. Let’s look at a few general Disneyland tips you can use to save money.
My Biggest Disneyland Tips
- With the no outside food or drink restriction, you have a few dining Disneyland Tips.
- There are many restaurants within walking distance of the parks, including Tony Roma’s and a ton within driving distance. While this is ok for lunch, it’s great for dinner.
- There are lockers located to the left of the Disneyland main entrance, you can store a small cooler in these. You can then do lunch at the picnic area located near there.
- Eat breakfast in your room. This is great especially if you have a refrigerator.
- Counter service restaurants are generally cheaper than table service. There are many restaurants with great meals, yet small prices (love Bengal Barbeque).
- Look at the sizes of the plates other customers have, generally the portion’s can be split.
- Order a double burger and pay for an extra bun, then you have two burgers.
- If you have a Disney Visa, Annual Passport, or Disney Vacation Club membership, you can get some table service restaurant savings.
- Park Merchandise Disneyland Tips
- If you have a Disney Visa, Annual Passport, or Disney Vacation Club membership, you may be able to save on your purchase.
- Park Tickets
- The best savings will be at partner hotels just outside of Disneyland. The best I have stayed at was the Howard Johnson.
- For Disney owned hotels, the best bet is Disney packages – Disney offers deals depending on the season. Right now they are offering 20-35% off a winter stay from 1/2/12-2/29/12