Downtown Disney Marketplace at Disney World
When looking to do some shopping while in Disney World, there are many options. From the parks themselves to the resorts and all the way to Downtown Disney. Disney is very smart about how it sets everything up with the parks having specific branded merchandise you can only get there. Downtown Disney also has this, but on another level. Downtown Disney is a mega shopping experience with everything from the various shops to Restaurants, Movie Theater’s and even things like Cirque De Soleil and DisneyQuest.
Downtown Disney is broken into three parts; The Downtown Disney Marketplace, The Downtown Disney Westside, & Pleasure Island. The Walt Disney transportation system will take you between the parks, the hotels, and Downtown Disney. These buses will typically drop you off at the Downtown Disney Marketplace then go onto the Westside. Downtown Disney Marketplace is a great place to start your shopping as it has, in my opinion, some the best stores of all of Downtown Disney.
Downtown Disney Marketplace Shops
This is my favorite park of Downtown Disney. The Downtown Disney Marketplace holds some of the best shops, in my opinion. I wont be listing all of the stores, just the ones me and my wife visit. There are many more Downtown Disney Marketplace shops that are well worth it.
- The Art of Disney – A Cool Place to check out some of the Disney Art. With amazing pictures, they really do make you want to leave more of your money. They also have Disney Books you can purchase.
- Disney’s Days of Christmas – We collect Disney Ornaments. This store lets us get some of the new ones every time we visit Orlando. Open all year long.
- Disney Design-A-Tee – Another Cool store. You can design and print tee shirts. Nice if you want to make a vacation tee shirt for the whole family or surprise someone.
- Disney’s Pin Traders – If you collect pins, this is your stop. Amazing how many there are. We have started to collect these as well.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop – I love all things Chocolate. Last time we did a boys trip to Disney world my son and I hanged outside and shared a huge Sunday. Great memory. They are now opening one in the Disneyland Downtown Disney.
- Goofy’s Candy Company – A great place to get some sugar. You will find many of the treats you can find in the parks.
- Lego Imagination Center – Into Lego’s? Then you have to stop here. Not only having giant Lego figures, they have every set you could want to buy. When my son is older, I figure I will leave more money here.
- Mickey’s Pantry – Great store for all the home cooks. You can get cookbooks as well as kitchen tools all with the Disney theme. The cookbooks are awesome, as a foodie, I love this store.
- Once Upon a Toy Store – Huge toy store, beware taking your kids in! They will want to take everything – then you will end up leaving a lot – of money!
- World of Disney – This is the store you will spend most of your money at. It is so big you can get lost. Defiantly where i leave a good amount of money. My favorite Downtown Disney Marketplace shop.
Downtown Disney Marketplace Restaurants
When it comes to Dining in the Downtown Disney Marketplace there are a but few restaurants I like. I do wish there were more Downtown Disney Marketplace Restaurants that appeal to my foodie nature.
- Rainforest Cafe – Been going to the one in Los Angeles since it opened. A nice restaurant with decent food.
- Wolfgang Puck Express – Great Pizza, you cant go wrong dining here.
- Earl of Sandwich – A Great Sandwich restaurant. Very popular.
The Downtown Disney Marketplace is my favorite part of Downtown Disney, though we will look at the other two sections. I love walking the Downtown Disney Marketplace, going to the shops and relaxing. I typically don’t visit the other area’s, just cause the shops aren’t as interesting. What Disney Downtown Disney Marketplace shops or restaurants do you love? Which is your favorite Florida Downtown Disney section?